Friday, November 18, 2011

Pregnancy #3

Since I'm always behind in blogging, I never wrote anything about being pregnant in the first place, so I thought I would tell a little bit about this pregnancy.

I have felt slightly different with this pregnancy than with my boys' pregnancies, so I thought maybe this meant we were having a girl. We convinced ourselves that we were having another boy, and so we were very happy to be surprised when we found out we're having a girl.

I am very blessed during pregnancy. I enjoy being pregnant. This pregnancy has been the same, but the nausea was a little stronger this time around. And, I have had more food aversions and cravings than with either of my boys. I thought maybe this was because I'm on round three, but now I'm thinking that gender had something to do with it.

Fortunately, my strong cravings and nausea went away with the first trimester. I know with Bryce and Brandon, I needed to eat frequently to avoid extreme nausea, but with this pregnancy, I was having to put a cracker in my mouth constantly and figure out which foods to avoid that made me sick.

When I was about 11 weeks, I went to the grocery store and told Skye I was going to buy everything that I had a craving for. I'm trying to remember everything I bought, but it included ruffles cheddar and sour cream chips, mother's animal cookies, pickles, kettle corn popcorn, buttered popcorn, nilla wafers, saltine crackers, and English muffins. I have a sweet tooth all the time, but my cravings mostly were for salty snacks. Skye was getting a little worried for a while there when I would eat chips and cookies on a regular basis because that's what sounded good. I also had a strong craving for Thai food and made Skye take me that day to have some Pad Thai. Luckily, he enjoys Thai food as much as I do.

I am due March 20th, but because I will have a C-section, somewhere around March 14th our little girl will arrive. We had a scheduled C-section at 39 weeks with Bryce because he was breach; he made it until then and I never went into labor. Then, Brandon was a scheduled C-section (no VBACs in Salem) for one week before his due date, but I went into labor three days before that, so he didn't make it to his date. We will see when this little girl decides to come. Bring on the bows and frills!

20 weeks

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATS GUYS!!! I have heard time and time again that girls make you more sick in most cases...AND i HOPE that is the case so that when we have a boy one day the pregnancy wont be as bad haha :)

    ReplyDelete